I’m in the process of revamping this blog by becoming more intentional with it; up until now, I’ve simply written about what’s happening in our lives, the projects I’m working on and the things on my heart whenever I feel like it. I’m still going to do that, but instead of just doing whatever, whenever, I’m going to be incorporating a little more focus into it.
So as of today, I’m deeming Mondays as “Motivating Monday“, which I’m excited about! I love the fresh start of a new week, the clean slate to begin anew with and that in itself is motivating to me! Sometimes Mondays are difficult to get back into the routine of things after a weekend of play and lots of family time and such, but intentionally focusing on some things from the beginning of the week helps to keep me productive throughout the week and end it successfully!
What’s motivating me on this fine Monday?
1. A new plank workout. Pinterest is awesome for many reasons…like finding new ideas to change up the old workout routine! I did this awesome workout for the first time yesterday and although I’m no newbie to working out, it killed! It helped me push myself farther and today I’m sore in places I haven’t been sore in for quite awhile. I’m definitely adding this to my rotation of workouts!
2. It’s Valentine’s Day tomorrow. I love Valentine’s Day. It’s a day dedicated to the celebration of love! I haven’t always loved this day, but now that I have a hubby to share it with, I LOVE it. It’s a little bittersweet, though…tomorrow would have been my parents 30th wedding anniversary. Certain dates like holidays, birthdays and anniversaries carry with them a little bit of sadness when someone you love has passed away and I’m wishing my dad was here to celebrate the anniversary with my mom, but it makes me even more thankful for every special day with Nathan and every memory I have in my heart.
3. My first mentee. I recently became involved in a new ministry at our church: new mom mentoring. A few days ago I accepted my first mentee. Basically, I have committed to praying for her, leading her in Bible study and offering support as she begins this new season of life. I love my church for many reasons, and this is just one: it is full of ministries that not only reach outside the doors of the church, but also inside. Gateway has an incredible balance of ministering to members/regular attendees and ministering to those who might never walk through the doors of the church. It’s refreshing and deeply rooted in the example Jesus set for us in his earthly ministry.
4. It’s almost Spring. Although it snowed last night for the first time this winter in Texas, the promise of Spring is right around the corner and I can’t wait for Spring and Summer clothes, as well as getting outside to enjoy the sunshine even more.
5. God’s Word comes alive every day. If we will just open up that Book, it will speak every time without fail. Just do it! You will always be glad you did. This morning I started reading in James and seriously, this is good stuff! It’s hard to find the time for everything you have to do throughout the day, but seriously…prioritize. I’m not just telling you to do this, I’m telling myself to do this! Some days, the only way I can make the time to have my quiet time with the Lord is by doing it with Judah; we sit in front of our bookcase or on the couch and while he “reads” his books, I read the Word aloud and pray. Speak the Word over your children. It never returns void.